Saturday, June 27, 2009

Marley Music



I made this mix up for a runner friend of mine who is into her music. I was out running and listening on my mp3 player as usual when we crossed paths and we ran together for a while. She asked me what I was listening to. Well at that point I was listening to Mali Koura by Issa Bagayogo (which I highly recommend ). Now I thought if I say I am listening to Issa Bagayogo it won't mean much to her, so I replied "I am listening to something from Mali". To which she replied "So you like a bit of reggae do you?".

Well of course I like a bit of reggae but I had to correct her and point out that it was the African land locked country Mali and not the international reggae superstar.

So I decide she needed a mix of "Marley" music to put her staright. Looking at it now I don't know why I didn't put any Issa Bagayogo on here but it certainly is full of quality tracks by some of the big stars both past and present of Mali.

By co-incidence the Malian flag is the very same red gold and green clours so beloved by the reggae Rastas.

No comments: